http://www.one.org

More you see the less you know..Less you find out as you go...I knew much more, than I do now..

Monday, May 21, 2007

NO SOCIAL LIFE SYNDROME

I remember the time about 3 1/2 years ago when I was in Mumbai..I had just given my GRE and was working like a dog at my job just because I had nothing else to do. My friend used to call me each weekend and ask me what I was doing and I would say 'Nothing' and she would laugh and say that I had the "No Social Life" Syndrome..we used to laugh it off each time...but I knew at the back of my mind that she was telling the truth!

I just remembered her this weekend because I feel I am going to suffer from that Syndrome again for the next few months. Summer has just come so the days are long, friends are not around and I am living with just one other roomie who is busy with his thesis, so no roomie talks.. and no playing volleyball either because of the stupid broken finger. But I am still getting a feeling that living alone is not a bad idea after all. I did a lot of trivial but useful things that I would have usually avoided just because I had something or the other nonsense going on all weekend.

1) cooked twice in a day!! ..thats record output for me
2) did my laundry
3) Made tea..after about 3 months..
4) sorted out my box of pennies and dimes..i had about 1000 of them in all..from the teen-patti that we played for the last 3 years!! wikipedia is going to get richer :)
5) left feedback on amazon and ebay.com
6) read 50 pages of Heart of Darkness
7) watched 'The Insider' which i thought was over rated
8) took a nap
9) bid for two items on ebay
10) ironed my clothes..
11) called up my sister who didnt answer her phone at usual
12)
checked airline ticket rates to NY..

whew...that was quite a busy day...

******

Current Mood: Adventurous
Current Song: 'Message in a Bottle' by 'The Police'. Haunting.

Walked out this morning, dont believe what I saw
Hundred billion bottles washed up on the shore
Seems Im not alone at being alone
Hundred billion castaways, looking for a home..

5

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminded me of leaving a feedback on Amazon! :)

That was long list for the weekend... Good :)

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I did a lot of trivial but useful things that I would have usually avoided just because I had something or the other nonsense going on all weekend."

"8) took a nap"

What a Irony...do I even need to comment [:p]

10:04 PM  
Blogger Hardeep said...

Hehe ... good work man!

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
Your weekend seems busier than weekdays ;-)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Victim Of Desire said...

Mrinal: I think a lot of weekends are going to be like that from now on.

Sachin: :)..nap to hamesha ki kam lagte hai mereko

Hardeep:yup..there are so many more 'trivial' things i gotta do this weekend.

m&m: Arey, weekend hi busy hote hai re..weekday par to mein 'job' (mujhe hi malum hai kya) karta hoon..

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home